Do you wonder where all the stuff in people's blogs comes from? So do I. I wonder where it comes from and I wonder why I have more of it.

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Kong has lucky escape due to 125th floor viewing deck


Callous and insensitive? No, really. I was planning this picture for weeks.

Last time I got refused holiday by anyone I just gave my wife their phone number...problem solved.

Summer is almost here and there's a lot to do. I was at the Milestone Partner Day in Dubai the other day along with about 160 other lucky people. Did you know they have a song now? Like a real, honest to goodness Milestone song all of their very own...

Taking something dreary by Coldplay and pretending it was written about them wasn't good enough for the Danes, oh no, they actually had to destroy some guy's soul by forcing him write a song about an open platform video recording management software package. I wonder if he's out of councelling yet.

They had a video to go with it too...which was interesting.

Okay, I'm being pithy now. Bite me.

They had like a little mini-trade show thing there too with a bunch of Milestone technology partners. There were (I think) three different analytics providers, four camera manufacturers, three storage companies and an access control guy (yay for diversity). They were all in the room shooting daggers at each other and bitching about the other guys' performance. I hate that.

But the food was pretty good and I got a free screwdriver from Vivotek...er-hum...you have to grab on to the small wins sometimes...

I'm not going to get to IFSEC this year...well, not the Birmingham one anyway, which perhaps isn't such a bad thing. Now I can maybe justify going to some other show somewhere a lot nicer than the B place.

I'll do a run down on those Aperio locks some time soon...they still on my desk under a mountain of other things that seem to be more important right now.

Having trouble with a Lenel/Bioscrypt fingerprint integration on a site at the moment...weird hang ups (the system, not me...). I'll update when I have something worth updating...

No comments:

Post a Comment